Parent Guild Notes 10/7/15
Highlights of the meeting on 9/29/15:
• A big thank you to all who came to the meeting. We had 20 families sign in which meant 20 families received a free jean day on Wednesday, September 30th. It was a great turnout and we accomplished many things.
• Coke Rewards: we needed someone to chair and Mr. Ochab agreed to be in charge of Coke Rewards. Please continue to send the codes into school.
• We also had a volunteer to head the Campbell Soup Labels. Thank you to Rebecca Knappmann for volunteering for that big job as well.
• We looked in to Kellogg’s Rewards but they do not allow multiple people to donate for a school.
• Parent Guild has started fixing the score board in the gym. They have ordered new light bulbs. There are a couple of options for the score boards. There needs to be some analysis of which way would be best for the school.
o One option has Cabrini donating their old scoreboards when they renovate their gym
o Another option is fixing ours and making a cage over the lights so they aren’t destroyed
• CYO and Parent Guild are working together to raise funds for new soccer fields and a new concession stand, with the possibility of renting the fields for tournaments and/or hosting tournaments to generate money for the sports programs. CYO is planning fundraisers, stay tuned for more information.
• Parent Guild would also like to mention that Apple Charlie’s donated all the apples and sold us the containers at a great price so if you are looking for somewhere to go with the family, visit Apple Charlie’s to thank them for their generosity.
• Movie night for October is set for October 30th. The chosen classes get to choose the movies for the evening. More details to follow.
• New Marketing Position. One nomination was made and congratulations to Amanda Jones who is the Marketing Chairperson. She was voted in by acclimation.
• Applefest: Thank you to everyone who helped out during the cold and rain to make Applefest a success. A special thanks to Maria Watson who took on the task of organizing, and everyone who donated their time to the cause. The treats looked amazing!
• Auction: Tickets are on sale on line www.nightinparis.info mark the date on your calendar, November 7th. It will be a fantastic evening! More details to follow
• The next Parent Guild Meeting is Saturday, October 17th 9:30am at Coyote Grill in New Boston. See you there!
Todd Parsons –President (email@example.com / 586-980-7272)
Maria Watson – Vice President (firstname.lastname@example.org / 734-748-8785)
Jeremy Witte – Treasurer (email@example.com / 734-625-6118)
Jim Piasecki – Recording Secretary (JMPIA@hotmail.com / 313-220-5538)
Christina Lynch-Corresponding Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org /734-502-6158)