Notes from the Parent Guild 10.17.15
We had our Saturday meeting at Wyle E. Coyote’s Grill on Saturday, October 17th. Thank you to all who attended the meeting.
Another great year! We made $3000 in profit for our students. This money raised was from the crafters and the concession stand. Thank you to those who volunteered their time and yummy baked goods.
We are looking to make next year bigger and better.
• Volunteers are needed to head up various committees and start getting information out to increase the amount of crafters that come. More traffic means more concessions sold.
• Also, discussion about having an 8th grader act as a waiter for the crafters and concessions so they don’t have to leave their tables to get food and drinks.
• More advertising in other churches for participants and shoppers.
• Advertise in the Vicariate newsletter
• We are looking for people who attend craft shows to hand out flyers to crafters to get them to come. If you do such things, please contact someone on the board. (see below)
Auction: Calling Rachael Ray
The time is getting closer! There is a sign up sheet by the scrip office for people who are willing to donate their time to the auction. This is a major fundraiser for the school and everyone is encouraged to help. In addition to all the volunteering positions available, your culinary skills are also needed. Appetizers and desserts are needed the night of the auction so put on your apron and make a tasty treat to share. Anything can be dropped off on Nov. 6th after school or Nov. 7th after 2pm.
Trunk or Treat Movie Night
See the enclosed flyer for Trunk or Treat. It is sure to be lots of fun for everyone. Come to the St. Stephen parking lot with your ghost or goblin and open your trunk! We need people to sign up to be sure we have enough participants. Please let us know if you are available and want to participate. We’ll start setting up at 5pm, Trunk or Treating starts at 5:30pm. Be sure to stick around for dinner and a movie at 6:30pm. The 2nd and 6th grades have chosen Hotel Transylvania for their movie this month. We hope to see you there!
Next Parent Guild meeting Free Jean Day
Our next Parent Guild meeting is October 27th in the parish activity center at 5:30pm. People who attend earn a free jean day for their student on Wednesday, October 28th. Please come and share your ideas! Children are welcome, refreshments will be available.