11.4.15 Parent Guild Notes
• Mrs. Beeman came to our meeting to give us some updates.
o She would like to thank Parent Guild for purchasing STAR Early Literacy as part of the AR testing program. It has helped teachers gauge where students are performing and they can teach skills based on the needs of the child.
o She has allowed Jean Day for attendance at the Next Parent Guild meeting for December 2nd, which is the Wednesday following our December 1st Parent Guild Meeting
o She would like an assembly budget so she can plan for assemblies throughout the year instead of booking them then asking for money
The Parent Guild would like to thank Mrs. Beeman for staying late after school to speak with us and for her support of our efforts.
• Trunk or Treat was discussed. Update:It was a huge success. We had 40 families participate. It was a fun night. Many people stayed for the movie afterwards. It was so successful we ran low on food! Thank you to all who helped to make this a fantastic night.
• The next movie night is November 20th. Plan now. There are some new and interesting activities planned, spread the word and stay tuned for more information!!!!
• Secret Santa is Wednesday, December 2nd and Thursday the 3rd during the school day. Volunteers are needed to set up on Tuesday and many volunteers are needed to help students wrap and choose items for their families. This is a fun activity for the students and parents are asked to help. More information will be going home regarding this event. A sign up sheet has been placed in the clipboards by the scrip office. We need at least 4 people per shift per day.
• There was discussion started on having a brick paver program for the school similar to the one the Church does at the Rosary Garden in the courtyard. It is proposed to be by the two corners of the school sidewalk where grass will not grow because of the amount of daily foot traffic.
• Advent Tea was discussed. A date will be announced soon. The Kindergartners will be playing the bells. It is a fun evening and a great way to start the Advent season. More information to follow.
• There was some discussion about requiring service hours for the school, similar to the festival service hours. St. Stephen is the only school in the area that doesn’t require hours for parents of students attending school aside from the festival.
• Auction food drop off will be Thursday afternoon from 12-1 and Saturday afternoons starting at 2pm. The auction is this Saturday, if you haven’t gotten your ticket, they’re going fast! It is a fun night out for adults. There is also still time to sign up to bring an appetizer or dessert. We are in need of someone to volunteer to collect the food during drop off times, if you can help, please let us know. We welcome all volunteers.
• Like Us on Facebook. There is a closed group on Facebook run by parents called St. Stephen School. You need to request to join but there are some pictures from the Varsity Soccer Championship as well as other information about upcoming events. It is not run by the Parent Guild, any questions you can be directed to Jennifer Fluent in the scrip office, she is one of the administrators of the group.