Parent Guild Notes 11.18.15
• The Night in Paris Auction was a huge success! Early numbers have a profit of $18,000! A heartfelt thank you goes out to everyone who volunteered their time before, during, or after the auction to make it a success. Whether you made a basket, a delicious treat, brought in items to auction, or came to bid on and take things home, all of your hard work paid off! The December meeting will bring an opportunity to have more discussion on the great things that happened at, and because of, the auction. Bring your new ideas!
o A special thank you to the Bragenzers for the breathtaking decorations! Their creativity and dedication knew no bounds! They really transformed the foyer into Paris!
o Stan Ochab stepped in spectacularly with his donation of his chaffing dishes. Stan and Maria Watson kept the kitchen running smoothly the whole night. Thank you for all of your hard work.
o Thank you to Cricket Bodary for her amazing job, as usual, in making up baskets for the auction, and all who helped her put them together.
o Jim Piasecki, for his talents as the emcee, thank you!
o Jef and Kristy Shadik, thank you for chairing the auction.
o Special gratitude is given to each and every person who helped make the auction so wonderful.
• Parent Guild fixed the scoreboard in the gym. The light bulbs were replaced and the console was resoldered –thanks Todd Parsons-the scoreboard now functions! Next up, clocks that work!
• Secret Santa is set for the first week in December. People are still needed to volunteer to wrap gifts and help students choose their treasures. Please sign up either by the Scrip office or with Maria Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org . Don’t forget to send in the envelope with your student on their assigned day.
• Movie Night is this Friday. Please plan on attending. We are watching Thanksgiving themed movies-that’s right, 2 movies!!! See the enclosed flyer for more details. Family fun night in January will surely be a treat. Stay tuned for more details regarding the January 29th Movie/Family Fun Night-dancing will be involved…1st and 7th grades are currently picking the movie for the night. Mark your calendars now for excitement after the Christmas Holiday!
• Our next Parent Guild Meeting is scheduled for December 1st in the parish activity center. The free Jean Day for parents who attend will be on December 2nd. See you there!